RNC Statement on September Fundraising
WASHINGTON – Today, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus announced the RNC raised $48.4 million in September and had $82.6 million cash on hand at the end of the month.
“The overwhelming support for the Romney-Ryan ticket has produced yet another impressive month for RNC fundraising,” said RNC Chairman Priebus. “We are proud to have raised over $48 million in September, with 97 percent of donations to the RNC coming in amounts of $200 or less.
“While we continue to put money into our ground game and fully fund our absentee ballot, early vote and Election Day GOTV efforts in all our battleground states, our historic cash on hand figure also allows us to continue funding our independent expenditure committee, run highly effective hybrid ads and assist in electing Republicans across the country at all levels.
“Americans know we cannot afford four more years like the last four, and only Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan have a plan to take us toward a better future. The support of Americans ready for a new direction has allowed us to continue implementing our unprecedented ground game, while also communicating our message. Our strength on both fronts will result in Republican victories up and down the ticket in eighteen days.”
- 97% of the donations to the RNC in September were $200 or less.
- 92% of donors to the RNC in 2012 have given $200 or less.
- The RNC added 6,000 donors on average per day with an average 2,600 being first time donors.
- In September low dollar donors gave 11% more than in August, and in August low dollar donors gave 29% more than in July.
- The RNC has raised 27% more low dollar money in 2012 than during the same period in 2000 and 23% more in 2012 than during the same time in 1996–both presidential election years when Democrats held the White House.