Suzanne Gallagher has been a life long Republican beginning when she met Governor Ronald Reagan in the late 1970’s. Her commitment to conservative principles is evidenced in the many political groups she has formed in addition to the stands taken in her community for over 30 years. She ran for the House and Senate in Oregon in a Democrat dominated state. Now her goal is to change that dynamic so that future citizens can one again be free.
Republican Party Experience
- Duniway Forum – Republican women, public speaking and leadership group, four years
- Tigard/King City Republican Women
- 2012, Oregon Senate District #18 Candidate
- Primary: Write-in campaign. Recruited by Senate Caucus, over 1,200 votes
- General: Opponent, 16 year incumbent. Highly visible campaign. Over 100 active volunteers. Produced four mailers to voters. Knocked on over 12,000 doors.
- Raised nearly 2004, Oregon House District #35 Candidate
- Primary: Recruited by Majority House Leader. Contested.
- General: Open seat in a highly contested race, closest in state.
- $60,000 with no lobby help.
- Washington County Republican Party – 20+ years
- Vice Chairman – 1990’s
- Precinct Committee Person
- Delegate and Alternate Delegate