Polls swing toward Cuccinelli
On the same day Terry McAuliffe officially filed his papers for what will surely be another failed run for Governor, new polling from Quinnipiac shows Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli with the momentum in the race. Despite having one failed gubernatorial run under his belt, Terry McAuliffe has shown he still lacks the knowledge and experience needed to be governor, and the new Quinnipiac poll shows voters agree. Here are some of the poll’s highlights:
- By a two to one margin, Virginia voters say Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has the right kind of experience to be governor.
- Only 28 percent of Virginia voters believe McAuliffe has the experience to be governor while 23 percent say he doesn’t.
- More women and independent voters say Cuccinelli has the right kind of experience to be Governor.
- More VA voters believe Cuccinelli’s political philosophy is “about right,” than McAuliffe.
- Independent voters view Cuccinelli more favorably than McAuliffe.
- If the election were held today, more VA voters would chose AG Cuccinelli over McAuliffe.
See the full poll results here: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/polling-institute/virginia/release-detail?ReleaseID=1874