"I'm a Republican because the principles of the Republican Party align with my beliefs. I am pro-life, pro-marriage, and believe in the limited government our founding fathers had ordained. I am very grateful for the opportunities this great country has given me."
"My first presidential vote was for Ronald Reagan in 1984. Back then as I do now, I believed that less government intervention, less taxation and more individual and personal responsibility are cornerstone principles of this great Nation. The Republican party provides us with better tools to achieve equality of opportunities for those who work hard in this Country."
Osceola County, Florida
I am a Republican because I believe when government removes itself from everyday life we as a people and as a nation are much more prosperous.
Carlos Lopez-Cantera, Majority Leader of the Florida House of Representatives
Why am I a Republican?
It is the party that embodies the principles and ideals of God-loving and God-fearing people; People who love and honor God; People who care, love and respect the fellowman, regardless of creed or color - willing to help him prosper, so he will in turn will also help others; People who love this country - will stand to support it and defend it and even die for this country and then people who strive to Be - ALL that one can be - I am Cuban-born American - and I thank you for the opportunity to tell you what I think.
Teresa A. Valdes
My name is Joseph M. Cobo from Fort Lauderdale, Florida; I am a Cuban-American that came to this country in 1961. I’m a Republican Because
- I Believe… The proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well, by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people
- I Believe… Good government is based upon the individual and that each person's ability, dignity, freedom, and responsibility must be honored and recognized.
- I Believe… The free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.
- I Believe… Sound money management should be our goal.
- I Believe… That Americans value and should preserve their feeling of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.
But most of all that Republicans believe individuals, not government, can make the best decisions; all people are entitled to equal rights; and decisions are best made close to home. These basic principles are as true today as they were when the Party was founded. For all of the extraordinary leaders the Party has produced throughout its rich history.
I am PROUD to be a Republican and an a Cuban-American!!!
Joseph M. Cobo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA
GOP GOP Hispanics