Outstanding Hispanic Republican Leader: Carlos Vidales
The Hispanic Communications Department at the RNC recently reached out to outstanding Hispanic leaders and asked them what being a Republican means to them. Below are the answers for Carlos Vidales, a Republican strategist.
1. What are the 3 most important values that identify you with the Republican Party?
- The Republican Party's commitment to protecting the lives, freedom and the property of all citizens.
- The Republican Party's commitment to the rule of law, which promotes the equal treatment and dignity of all.
- The Republican Party's goal of reducing regulations and the size of the government.
2. How does your heritage influence your political perspective?
Because of my heritage, I have been blessed with the opportunity and interest to learn about varied political systems, either observed them, studied them, or experienced them. The philosophy that we refer to as "Conservatism" is the one that produces the most benefits to the most people most of the time, simply because it is based on what is best for human nature.
3. Would you advise Hispanics to become more knowledgeable about the political process and why?
Yes, I strongly advise not only Hispanics—but all citizens—to learn and understand the basic operating principles of the American republic, of capitalism and of market economies, and why such systems are superior to the alternatives, all because well educated people will always make the right decisions at the ballot box.
4. Describe Hispanics in a word or phrase.
Dios, familia y patria.
GOP GOP Hispanics