Sherrod Brown is releasing a new ad, touting the importance of the economy and jobs. In the ad, Brown says:
"Because patriotism demands investing in American workers. And if you love this country, you fight for the people who make it work."
If Sherrod Brown really believes this, then why has he consistently fought against legislation that has benefited Ohio workers?
- Sherrod Brown voted "no" on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- In the wake of these tax cuts, Ohio has gained 70,400 jobs in 2018, 40,100 more than the same period during 2017. This is a 132.3% jobs increase that Sherrod Brown voted against!
- The average Ohioan is seeing over $1,000 in annual savings from the tax cuts! Yet, Sherrod Brown consistently calls this tax plan a "scam."
- Sherrod Brown has voted to help small businesses that create jobs for so many Ohioans ZERO times so far this Congress, according to the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
- Sherrod Brown has voted to help Ohio manufacturers a dismal 10% of the time so far this Congress, according to the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM).
What's more, Sherrod Brown has been a career-politician his entire adult life, so what does he even know about real jobs and the dignity of work? Since entering government in 1975 (over 40 years ago!), Brown has received over $4.5 million in taxpayer funded salaries. (Ohio House Of Representatives, Accessed 11/22/17; Book Of States 1983, Published In 1984; Book Of States 1984, Published In 1985; Book Of States 1985, Published In 19866; Book Of States 1986, Published In 1987; Book Of States 1987, Published In 1988; Book Of States 1988, Published In 1989;Book Of States 1989, Published In 1990; Book Of States 1990, Published In 1991; Congressional Research Service, 6/21/16)
"Sherrod Brown likes to paint a pretty picture of being for the working class, but his record shows a vastly different story. Sherrod Brown has consistently voted to raise taxes on Ohio's small businesses while voting against needed tax cuts for hardworking families - and he's done all of this while collecting a government salary on the taxpayers' dime for over four decades." - RNC Spokesperson Mandi Merritt