Remember when the Obama White House and Nancy “Crumbs” Pelosi made a big deal about what $40 means to Americans across the country? I guess the Democrats who are disparaging the benefits of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act have forgotten...
Here are a few “crumbs” from the last week or so that you may have missed…
- Tyson Foods announced $100 million in bonuses for more than 100,000 of its team members.
- CVS Health plans to boost benefits and increase starting wages for employees, pay for pharmacists, front store associates and other hourly employees.
- Allstate will use additional cash from the tax overhaul to provide employee bonuses or contributions to retirement accounts, and to train staff for digital capabilities.
- Boeing announced $300 million in investments and earmarked $100 million toward corporate charitable investments.
- Humana plans to boost their minimum wage to $15 an hour
- Chipotle announced $250 bonuses for hourly crew members, $1,000 bonuses for general managers, and an additional $50 million investment in enhancing its existing restaurant locations.
- BP will increase investment in the United States after the passage of tax reform.
- Anthem announced it will give $1,000 to retirement accounts for more than 58,000 employees.
- Charter set a new minimum wage of $15 an hour, and committed to hiring over $20,000 employees by 2020.
- Best Buy announced bonuses to employees while contributing $20 million to the Best Buy Foundation to expand its tech centers and Geek Squad academies across the country.
- Exxon Mobil announced $50 billion in US investments over the next 5 years.
- Pfizer plans a $5 billion boost in U.S. manufacturing.
- Lowe’s announced $1,000 bonuses to over 260,000 employees.
- Hostess Brands announced sweet news for employees: $1,000 bonuses and free Hostess snacks for a year.
Here’s a longer list of the *millions* of Americans who have already gotten bonuses, higher wages, and better benefits – and that’s before the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has even gone into full effect.
Budget and Spending Taxes