Much like his running mate, Hillary Clinton, Tim Kaine can’t seem to decide where he stands on key issues. Clinton and Kaine have struggled to show Americans they can be trusted, and these inexcusable flip-flops further prove why. Below are several of Tim Kaine’s most notable flip-flops:
1. RIGHT TO WORK: In August 2016, Kaine stated that he opposed Right To Work which was drastically different from the support he offered for it in 2006.
2. TAXPAYER-FUNDED ABORTION: Kaine previously was opposed to taxpayer-funded abortion but has now flipped to oppose the Hyde Amendment which bans taxpayer funding for abortion. Once Kaine was in the running for Hillary’s VP, he cemented his flip-flop status as a pro-abortion Senator by cosponsoring legislation that would remove all state restrictions on abortion.
3. TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP: TPP has been an important topic in this Presidential Race and Kaine has shifted on this issue as well. Initially, Kaine was in support for TPP but following his selection as Clinton’s Vice Presidential Nominee, he switched to the side of opposition.
4. OFF-SHORE DRILLING: In previous years, Kaine was in full support of offshore drilling but has jumped to other side again to match Clinton’s opposition.
5. SAME-SEX MARRIAGE: When Tim Kaine ran for Governor, he said, “I’m Tim Kaine, I oppose gay marriage.” Now he claims to be a strong supporter of gay marriage.
6. GUN CONTROL: When Tim Kaine ran for Lieutenant Governor he campaigned on being a supporter of the second amendment. He also claimed that he would not propose any new gun laws. But as a Senator Kaine has voted for several anti-second amendment bills.
Just like Hillary Clinton, Tim Kaine will do whatever it takes to advance his political career, including changing where he stands on key issues. Tim Kaine has shown time and again that he is not a person the American people can trust as their Vice President.
Elections Election 2016